3 cups strawberries, crushed
1/2 - 1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
4 tsp.. baking power
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or shortening
3/4-1 cup blend cream (10%) or milk
1 cup whipping cream ( I would use cool whip)
1. Crush strawberries, sprinkle with sugar (to taste) and let stand
2. Preheat oven 425 deg F
3. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in bowl. Rub or cut
in shortening until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Slowly add light cream or milk and mix with knife, only until
flour is evenly moistened and mixture will clump together. Knead 5-8
times or until ingredients will hold together in a ball.
5. Place dough on floured board or roll out to 1 1/2 inch thickness.
Using cookie cutter, or drinking glass, cut 2 1/2 inch rounds.
Arrange on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 425 deg F for about 10-15 mins or until golden brown. Let
7. Split shortcake while warm and butter. Fill shortcake with heaps
of crushed berries. Top with more berries and whip cream.