8-10 Baingan(Brinjal), small
1/2 cup Oil
1 tsp Ginger paste
8-10 Kari patta (curry leaves)
2 Onions finely chopped
3 tomatoes finely chopped
3 tbsp Imli(tamarind)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp Dhania powder
1/2tsp zeera powder(cumin)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp hara dhania, finely chopped
1. Wash the baigan and wipe it dry. Make 4 slits along the lenght of the baigan, taking care to keep stern intact.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan/kadhai and fry baigan for 3-4 minutes. Drain excess oil keep aside.
3. In another pan reheat 3 tbsp of the oil and fry onion until golden brown.
4. Add garlic paste and kari patta, fry for 2-3 minutes, then add tomatoes and bhuno until oil seperates.
5. Add chilli powder and Dhania powder, zeera powder, salt and imli extract.
6. Bring to boil and then carefully lower baigan into the curry. Add hara Dhania and cook for about 10 minutes or until the baigan becomes tender. Serve hot, accompanied by boiled rice.