Resipi...Moist Chocolate Brownies
(Makes 36 squares)
1 ½ cawan (185 g) plain flour
¼ cup (30 g) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 ½ cawan (205 g) chopped roasted macadamia nuts
125 g butter
200 g dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup (250 g) caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup (90 g) sour cream
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate
½ cup sour cream
· Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
· Stir in 1 cup of the nuts and make a well in the center.
· Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
· Stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure it is not touching the water.
· Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
· Remove from the heat and add the sugar, eggs and sour cream.
· Beat with a wire whisk until the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
· Add the chocolate mixture to the well in the dry ingredients.
· Using a wooden spoon, stir until well combined, but do not overbeat.
· Spread the mixture in to the tin.
· Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
· Cool the brownies in the tin.
To make the topping:
· Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
· Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil.
· Remove from the heat and place the bowl over the pan, making sure it is not touching the water.
· Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
· Remove the bowl from the pan and leave for 2 minutes.
· Add the sour cream and beat with a wire whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy.
· Spread the topping over the cooled brownies and sprinkle with the remaining macadamia nuts.
· Allow the topping to set before cutting the brownies into squares.
· Use pecans or walnuts in place of macadamia nuts.
· Or turn the brownies into delicious dessert by cutting into slightly larger squares and serving warm, sprinkled with icing sugar and topped with thick cream or a scoop of ice cream.