1 lb. of Chicken Fillets (cut into 1/2" (1 cm) cubes)
1 small Onion (finely chopped)
1 levelled tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
1/2 tsp. of Ginger Powder
1 clove of Garlic (Lasan) (crushed)
Salt (to taste)
1/4 tsp. of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp. of Garam Masala
1 heaped tsp. of Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania)
6 tbsp. of Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Cooking Oil
1/2 tin of Tomatoes (chopped)
2 tbsp. of Fresh Coriander/Cilantro Leaves (Hara Dhania) (finely chopped)
1) Heat the clarified butter or oil in a cooking pan. When oil is hot add the onion; fry the onion, until it is golden brown.
2) Add the red chilli powder, ginger powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry the spices for about two minutes. (By adding a little water if necessary.)
3) Add the tomatoes and continuously stir it for ten minutes or until the butter leaves the spices.
4) Add the chicken cubes and stir them in the masala spice to get the chicken pieces nicely coated.
5) Add 1/2 cup of water and leave the chicken to cook on a low light for fifteen minutes (covered). Remove the lid, stir the chicken and cook for further ten minutes.
6) When the butter starts to come out, add 1/4 cup of water, sprinkle garam masala and coriander/cilantro leaves. Mix and cover the pan for five to six minutes.