Resipi...Lemon Pudding Cake
Lemon Pudding Cake
1 cup milk
1/2 cup lemon juice (about three lemons)
Zest from one lemon
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup all purpose flour
Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Spray a 2-quart baking pan with cooking oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate the eggs into two medium bowls being careful not to get any yolk in with the whites. The fat from the yolk will cause the whites not to beat properly. The easiest way to avoid getting yolk with the white is to separate the eggs individually into cups and pour the separated portions into the bowl after each egg is separated.
3. Remove the zest from one lemon with a fine grater. The zest is the outer skin of the lemon. Be careful not to remove the white pith for it is bitter.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until they thicken and are a creamy yellow.
5. Beat in the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add the sugar, flour, and salt and stir until smooth.
6. Wash the beaters thoroughly and then beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the egg batter with a spatula.
7. Pour the completed batter into the baking pan. Place the baking pan into a larger pan, 8 1/2 x 13, and then fill the outer pan with water to a depth of one inch.
8. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is browned. The cake should be only slightly jiggly.