Resipi...COFFEE CREAM ECLAIRS
Sumber : Diana Arshad
Ingredients for Choux Pastry:
300 ml water
1/4 tsp salt
150 g plain flour
2 tsp Double Action Baking Powder
Method for Choux Pastry:
1. Boil water in a pot.
2. Add butter and salt to stir into water until melted.
3. Add flour and stir to mix. Use a hand whisk to stir till its well blended.
4. Pour contents into a cake mixer bowl.
5. Switch on cake mixer (using the K beater) to beat for 1 min on slow speed.
6. Add 1 egg at a time to beat till creamy.
7. Add Double Action baking powder last to beat.
8. Add pastry mix into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
9. Greased a baking tray with oil.
10. Pipe a long strip of 6cm length.
12. Baked in preheated oven 210C for 15 mins.
13. Lower the oven temp to 180C and bake for another 10 mins.
Ingredients for Coffee Cream:
3 tbsp custard powder
100 ml milk
100 g sugar
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg(lightly beaten)
100 g cooking chocolate bar(optional, for decorating eclairs)
Method for Coffee Cream:
1. Add custard powder to milk and stir to dissolve it.
2. Pour into a pot to boil.
3. Add sugar. Use a hand whisk to stir quickly.
4. Add instant coffee powder next.
5. Add egg and vanilla essence.
6. Stir quickly when egg is added.
7. Remove from stove to cool completely.
Method for melted chocolate:
1. break up into smaller pieces and put it in a small bowl.
2. Put the bowl in a frying pan filled with hot boiling water for 15 to 20 mins.
3. Do not heat the pan.
4. Leave the melted chocolate in the bowl until ready to use.
Method for assembling together:
1. Use a kitchen scissors to cut lengthwise of eclair
2. Piped cream into the eclair
3. Piped melted chocolate over the top of eclair in a zig zag motion.
If you prefer Chocolate Cream, just replace 1 tsp instant Coffee powder for 1 tsp Cocoa powder. This cream is a bit more liquid. If you prefer to be more firm like the regular custard cream puff, add extra 1 tbsp custard powder.